The CPS storage system is a manual order picking system for route-optimized picking of cases onto pallets or roll containers, supported by radio frequency, RF, pick-by-voice, or pick-by-light technology. The order-related replenishment of the pick front is automated through the use of stacker cranes. The positioning of an article is performed in a systematically-controlled way according to the store-friendly picking process.
According to the principle "person-to-goods" it is possible in CPS to pick several orders in parallel at one time by one picker.
Level of automation:
Heavy and bulky cases
Fully-automated replenishment by means of stacker cranes directly into the pick front, Reduction of the pick front through the use of layer trays + totes, person-to-goods
Food retail / distribution
- Picking Principle: Person-to-goods
- Automatic, order-dependent replenishment by means of stacker cranes
- Slow movers: dynamic pick locations
- Fast movers: static pick locations
- Pick front integrated with an automated pallet warehouse
- Use of man-aboard pick mobiles
- Route-optimized picking
- Manual picking of cases onto pallet or roll container supported by radio frequency, pick-by-voice, or pick-by-light technology, as well as terminal visualization system
- Possible to pick several orders at the same time